In our commitment to bring social and emotional learning to all classrooms worldwide, all supplemental educational materials for teachers are offered free of charge.
Jumpstart Social and Emotional Learning Series
In our Jumpstart Series, we offer detailed supplemental activities to be used in conjunction with our book, incorporating classroom management techniques to make this process fun and engaging for all.
The Jumpstart Series offers short courses in the following categories:
For Teacher Training
- Mindful Teaching
- Teacher Resilience
- Classroom Management
- Keeping Your Classroom Safe – Bullying Prevention
- Meeting National Health Standards
- Meeting National Language Arts Standards
- Meeting National Media Literacy Standards
- Meeting National Technology Standards
For Student Training
- Mindful Learning
- Student Resilience
- Diversity and Global Awareness
- Conflict Transformation
- Motivation and Dropout Prevention
- Nurturing World-Class Ethical Leaders
- Service Learning
- Project-based Learning Ideas
- Creative Expression
Film Study Guide – Teacher’s Edition
For educators interested in discussing the film in more detail, the Film Study Guide offers detailed guidelines to engage kids in a conversation around the idea of happiness. Key scenes are illustrated with questions that will solicit a dynamic and meaningful discussion around happiness. There are no right or wrong answers.
- Happiness: What Is It to You?
- Obstacles to Happiness: How Will You Respond?
- Self-Reflection: Getting Unstuck
- Self-Mastery: Finding a Place for Anger
- Compassion in Action: Kindness All Around
- Interdependence: Being in Community
- Share Your Gifts: We Hold the Keys to Happiness
If you are a teacher or educator, please complete the Free Resource Registration Form with your interest. Please indicate your school and location.