Project Happiness was founded on the idea that you don’t need to be a member of elite academia to enjoy the benefits of research-backed happiness strategies. We’re on a mission to make happiness accessible to all and have partnered with experts to bridge the latest in the science of happiness for people in all walks of life.
Because happiness is not a one size fits all formula, our programs are intended to be adapted globally. We need your help to tailor our programs in ways that are sensitive to the specific needs within your community. Join our Ambassadors Program today to bring this movement for global well-being to your corner of the globe!
There are two ways to be part of the Ambassadors Program: 1) As an Ambassador, or 2) As a Regional Team Member. Read the 4 criteria below to learn what it takes to qualify for a leadership role as an official Regional Coordinator and then fill out the sign up form to apply.
As an Ambassador, you're excited to share PH with your network and to actively spread/build/activate movement in the area! You will be the point person or “face project happiness” in your region!
What does this mean? You will be in direct contact with Project Happiness HQ. You will field any interest that comes in from others who live in your region. It will be your responsibility to:
- Help interested people/groups determine what PH programs are best fit for their purposes - you will be trained how to advise others on creating a best-fit implementation plan.
- Offer ongoing support and act as a point of contact between HQ and the programs being implemented in your area.
Coordinate the connecting of people/groups with shared interests in your area - the overall goal being to reach as much of your community as possible!
As an Ambassador, you will be expected to:
- Check in with HQ periodically via phone/skype to support you in your efforts on the ground, as well as to share program feedback and stories from the field.
- Input data* periodically and/or when prompted by HQ into the ambassador data system.
*This is will not be extreme data crunching or time extensive analysis - just simple metrics (empirical and anecdotal) such as the number of new schools, successful circles, film screening events, stories of implementation and/or transformation, etc. You will be trained how to do this.
We are excited to translate all our materials to reach beyond English speaking populations! With the help of volunteers from all over the world, our programs are already in various phases of translation in 8 languages. If you are proficient in your regional language, or can oversee individuals who are, we would be grateful for your help with translations* of:
1) Our programs (K-12 curriculum, circles, 7 doors, film, book)
2) Our social media content (this could include translating the daily habit content, and/or overseeing the publishing of the posts to a new Facebook page created specifically for your language)
**Don’t worry if you don’t speak another language! You still qualify to be an Ambassador if you meet the other 3 requirements!
As an Ambassador, you can spearhead events yourself or act as a support for others in your area to help them organize and host their own PH events. You will be given a packet of support materials that you can use to help hosts - events can range from film screenings, fundraisers, to giving a talk at a local school. From time to time, PH staff may hold an event in your area and ask you if you can lead recruiting efforts to get participants to attend the event.